Note to prospective students
The Kyoritsu Japanese Language Academy focuses on students seeking to pursue further studies by working to improve their basic language capabilities and knowledge, and developing the four core skill sets of language learning (reading, writing, listening, speaking) in a well-balanced manner. Students will also study Japanese culture and other aspects of Japan in a multi-faceted manner. We can’t wait to work with you in making your dream a reality.
Overview of entry to the pre-study Japanese course
|Entry acceptance period||April and July and October and January every year|
|Course schedule||20 hours per week (four 50 minute lessons per day, five days a week)|
|Eligibility||Persons residing in Japan with the “Student” residential status who plan to pursue further studies in Japan|
- STEP 1
- Prepare the application form and other necessary application documents
- STEP 2
- Either post the application form and application documents to the school, or bring them in person.
- STEP 3
- The school will submit your visa application (student visa) on the applicant’s behalf to the Immigration Bureau.
- STEP 4
- Applicants who have had their visa application approved by the Immigration Bureau who have paid their tuition fees will be sent a Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence by post, or the school will bring said document to the applicant in person. Applicants shall take this certificate to their local Japanese Embassy to complete the immigration process.
If, for whatever reason, the applicant’s entry to Japan is denied by their local Japanese Embassy the school shall refund all tuition fees paid. In instances where the applicant rescinds their application for personal reasons prior to entering Japan, the school shall refund all tuition fees paid after the Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence is returned to the school.
- STEP 5
- Study as much Japanese as you can in your home country and arrive in Japan prior to the entrance ceremony.