Questions on school entry

When can students enter the school?

Four times a year in April, July, October and January.

When should applications be submitted?

Application deadlines set by the Immigration Bureau vary from year to year. Please inquire directly with the school for details on precise application deadlines. We recommend making preparations far ahead of time to allow for any discrepancies.

Enrollment formalities

When do applicants know if they are accepted?

The school will be notified of the screening results by the Immigration Bureau at the end of February for applicants due to start in April, and at the end of August for applicants due to start in October. The school will promptly notify applicants of these results at this period.

Question on school life

What living costs are required?

According to an “Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education” survey, the average monthly expenses of an international student living in Tokyo typically ranged from 100,000 to 150,000 JPY.
The school has a fully furnished dormitory available to students to help reduce their living expenses.

Is scholarship funding available?

Various scholarships are readily available, each with their own qualification requirements. As the criteria for receiving such scholarships depend on academic and attendance records, dedicate yourself to your studies to improve your chances of receiving scholarship funding.

Can students work a part-time job?

To work a part-time job, international students must first apply for “Permission to Engage in Activity Other Than That Permitted Under The Status of Residence Previously” at the Immigration Bureau. If said permission is granted, students may work a total of 28 hours per week (up to 8 hours per day when on an extended school break).
The school actively introduces part-time jobs to students in line with their Japanese language abilities.

Do students use a student-specific train pass?

Student commuter tickets apply.

Is there a school dormitory?

Yes, a school dormitory is available. Meals and furniture are provided, and the head of the dormitory/dormitory matron reside on-site to help students start their new lives in Japan in comfort and with peace of mind.
Students from all over the world live at the dormitory making it easy to find like-minded friends and have your Japanese language abilities flourish without you being aware of it.

Do all students need to use the dormitory?

Students can rent a regular apartment provided by a real estate agent. However, doing so often involves deposits, key money, real estate agent fees and other such expenses, in addition to having a Japanese person act as a joint guarantor. In addition to avoiding the abovementioned expenses, the school dormitory offer meals and furniture provided, along with having the head of the dormitory/dormitory matron reside on-site to help students start their new lives in Japan in comfort and with peace of mind.

Is there a health insurance system available to international students?

Japan has a “National Health Insurance” system. Complete the necessary procedures at the relevant counter at the ward office in your residential area to be issued with an insurance card.
Use this card to reduce your self-paid medical expenses to 30% of the total cost incurred. (E.g.: If your medical expenses are 10,000 JPY, you will be charged 3,000 JPY when using this card)